How do I choose the best bathroom vanity?
Installing a new bathroom vanity can revamp your bathroom space without requiring a full remodel. It will help you bring freshness to your bathroom and de-clutter it by offering ample storage space. However, a wrong choice can completely ruin the ambiance and sophistication level of your bathroom. Thus, we have gathered some commonly asked questions and answered them in detail to help you select the best vanity for your bathroom.
1. How much space do I need for the new bathroom vanity?
To determine the size of a bathroom vanity, you should start by measuring your bathroom space. When measuring space and estimating the vanity size, keep the following tips in mind:
- Make sure that there is enough room for door openings for entry and shower, as well as for trim.
- Take a glance at existing features, such as a bathroom mirror, electrical switches, and outlets.
- Check out the location of plumbing to determine how wide your vanity could be.
- Keep a distance of at least 18 inches between the cabinet edge and the center of the toilet to comply with the standard building code.
Next, figure out who will be using the bathroom vanity - you or your kids. Will you use it alone or with your partner? Then, measure the sizes for both vanity cabinets and vanity cabinets with tops.
Though the standard height of the countertop is 31 inches, it depends on your personal preferences. While taller adults might want a higher countertop, smaller models might work better for children. When it comes to the vanity top, it should be 1 inch wider and 1 inch deeper than the vanity cabinet.
2. What are the different styles of bathroom vanities?
Bathroom vanities come in many styles, such as floating vanities, single-sink vanities, double-sink vanities, and free-standing vanities.
When you are looking for something contemporary or a vanity that has a small footprint to fit in the limited space, wall-mounted vanities are the best choice. They are also commonly known as floating vanities because they have no legs. Thus, they appear to be floating in space and make a bathroom look more spacious.
Free-standing bathroom vanities are standalone bathroom furniture. Unlike floating vanities, they rest on the floor and often provide more storage space. They also make an amazing fit to add style and functionality to your bathroom.
A single sink vanity makes a good choice when it is intended to be used by single person only or you want to buy one for a small bathroom or a powder room. It is easy to install and provides more storage and countertop space.
Choose a double-sink vanity if you have a master bathroom or are planning to share the bathroom with your roommate, sibling, or life partner. It helps you save time when getting ready in the morning by providing each user enough space and own sink.
Both single-sink and double-sink vanities come in floating style as well as free-standing style.
3. What to consider when selecting a bathroom vanity?
Apart from the size and style, you should explore other options, such as:
- Color and Finish: White bathroom vanities are popular among homeowners. However, you can also go for other trending colors and finishes, such as maple grey, brown, matte blue, wenge, walnut, and ashwood, depending on your bathroom décor.
- Hardware: Check out the description to see how many drawers or cabinets a vanity has. At BathTrends, USA, our bathroom vanity set also includes mirror and faucet.
- Storage: You will find a variety of bathroom vanities that come with different storage areas. Choose a vanity that suits your storage needs.
- Material: Since bathroom vanities are exposed to a humid and wet environment, look for materials that allow them to withstand such conditions. Wood and MDF tend to work well in bathrooms.
Finally, the choice of your bathroom vanity also depends on how you feel about your bathroom. So, while keeping the above things in mind, don’t forget to take into account which one makes you feel more comfortable and delightful.