Choosing the right kitchen sink is an important part of whether you are building your kitchen from scratch or remodeling it. Here, we are going to discuss some of the most popular kitchen sinks along with their benefits and drawbacks so that you can buy the best sink for your kitchen.
Top-Mount Kitchen Sink
Also known as drop-in sinks, top-mount kitchen sinks are the most common and popular choice of homeowners due to their cost-effectiveness. A professional first cuts a hole in the counter material and the sink is inserted from the above. The entire weight of the sink is supported by the rim which is caulked to the counter using silicone. Since this sink edge creates a rim, it is also known as a rimmed or self-rimming sink.
- Is much easier to install
- Comes at a relatively lower cost
- Prevents from sweeping water and debris from the counter straight into the sink
- Having a rim means one more part needs to be cleaned
Undermount Kitchen Sink
As opposed to top-mount sinks, undermount sinks are attached to the bottom of the counter with the help of special clips. These kitchen sinks are more liked by homeowners as they impart an attractive, clean look to your kitchen, while giving slightly more counter space than top-mount sinks.
- Allows you to sweep water and debris from the counter without any hassle as there is no rim to get in the way of cleaning
- A smooth and clean look makes it more attractive in the eyes of the homeowners
- Is often of higher quality than a top-mount sink
- Chances of gunk building up under the counter where the sink and the counter meet
- Is usually more expensive to purchase and install
Double-Bowl Kitchen Sink
A double-bowl kitchen sink is a popular choice for homeowners who want a more functional kitchen sink. The dual basins allow for washing utensils in one bowl and rinsing or drying in the other bowl. This type of kitchen sink is truly multipurpose and highly flexible as it has got all the operations covered: washing, rinsing, and draining. If your kitchen has enough space and you don’t want your counter to get wet while cleaning utensils, it makes the best choice for your kitchen.
- Can be used for various purposes
- Help you keep your counter space clean and dry
- Provide you with more counter space as freshly cleaned wet utensils can be stored in the other basin
- Might be difficult to accommodate too large utensils
Single-Bowl Kitchen Sink
When it comes to choosing between a double-bowl sink and a single-bowl sink, the latter wins the race because of the neat and contemporary look it has. The basin is not divided and you can easily accommodate small and large utensils.
- Ideal for large capacity houses with busy cooking operations
- Look more stylish and trendy
- You will need separate counter space to dry your utensils.
By now, you can easily gather which type of kitchen sink is more popular and which one is the best choice for you. If you are looking for high-quality trendy sinks for your kitchen, check out the exclusive collection of kitchen sinks at BathTrends USA.