7 Signs that say it’s Time to Replace Your Bathroom Vanity
The bathroom vanity is one of the vital fixtures in any bathroom, whether you have a small or large bathroom. Vanity is the space where the sink, closet, and counter are integrated to store all your toiletries. So, it is why you cannot ignore the importance of bathroom vanity.
While many people feel replacing or upgrading their bathroom vanity is unnecessary, they couldn't be more wrong about this notion. The bathroom vanity is the first thing you notice when you go into your bathroom. So it's imperative to have a beautiful vanity.
What are the signs that say you should replace your vanity?
If you are wondering when the right time to change your bathroom vanity, here is are seven circumstances that you might like to consider:
- Putting your house on sale: If you plan to put your home on the market for sale soon, it is a great time to update your bathroom vanity. A remodeled house that follows all the aesthetics of a modern interior has a higher chance of attracting potential buyers.
- Mold in your vanity: A bathroom vanity is located in a place where constant moisture and heat from the shower gets trapped, or water leaks from plumbing can happen. There is no way to eliminate mold growth in such enclosed spaces other than replacing it entirely.
- Cluttered space: If you have only recently started living with your partner or your family members are growing, it is natural for the bathroom vanity space to become cluttered. So to avoid time consumption while looking for a thing or the other, replace the vanity with bigger ones.
- Outdated design: If you have not once changed your vanity since you moved into your house but remodeled all other rooms and spaces, it is high time you should consider replacing it. If you have never liked the vanity's style, go ahead and change it so that it matches your taste.
- Visible damages: If it’s been a long time since you installed your bathroom vanity, visible cracks may offer on its surface for whatever reason. Instead of calling someone to fix it repeatedly, it would cost you less to replace it once.
- Crowding your bathroom space: If the bathroom vanity is too big, it will use up most bathroom space. It makes your bathroom look small and crowded and moving around harder. So that is another sign that you should replace your bathroom vanity.
- Rusty pipes: If your water smells when you wash your face in the bathroom vanity or while drinking tap water, it might be because the lines are rusted. While changing the pipes, you might as well replace the vanity and give your bathroom a new look.
How can I choose the perfect vanity for my bathroom?
Choosing a perfect bathroom vanity should not be an issue if you know your requirements. Bathroom vanity should match the bathroom's aesthetic and be able to hold all your toiletries and daily used products.
While choosing a bathroom vanity, the first thing to consider is whether you will use the bathroom vanity alone or share it with your family. Choose a vanity with two sinks if you are going to share it with your family.
Since the bathroom vanity features sinks, the homeowners need to get their vanity that works well with their plumbing. The placement of your vanity should be in such a way that it won’t hinder your bathroom’s open space.
Is bathroom vanity expensive?
If you're looking for a prefabricated bathroom vanity, it could cost you anywhere between $100 to $2,600, while the custom charges you between $500 - $2,800. The installation costs are extra. So if you've been wondering for some time whether you should replace your vanity or how much it would cost you, now you know about all those things to consider.