You don’t always have to pay too dollar to get amazing, high quality bathroom mirrors. Luxury is not always expensive. If you get the chance to get a stunning piece from our bathroom mirror sale, don't miss out on the deal.
Why Do Bathroom Mirrors Rust?
When the metal parts of a mirror come into contact with too much moisture, they rust. Metal brackets and chrome strips are particularly sensitive, but "mirror rot" is also a problem. Moisture is trapped between the glass and the shiny metal, which causes the metal to rust.
• Mirrors that have been chromed are prone to rust. Moisture can cause the metal to corrode even when there is only minor damage.
• When strong chemicals are used to clean a mirror, the protective sealants on the mirror are removed, resulting in mirror de-silvering.
• Cleaning the affected area thoroughly, removing the rust, and waxing it are all options for restoring chrome.
How can I stop Bathroom Mirrors from Rusting or De-Silvering?
For some of us, rust is rustic, but not if it eats the bathroom mirror. Take a look at five fantastic ways to prevent your bathroom mirrors from damaging.
1. When cleaning your bathroom mirror, avoid using ammonia-based glass cleaners.
2. Also, stay away from ammonia-free products and detergents, which include hard chemicals. To be honest, ammonia is not the only source of contamination. The sealants in a mirror can be damaged or removed with the most potent chemicals.
3. Always be careful and avoid spraying the cleaning liquid directly on the mirror. Spray a towel with a cleaning solution and wipe the mirror clean.
4. Pay attention to your mirror so that it does not get too wet. After every shower, be sure to wipe it completely dry.
5. Maintaining a well-ventilated bathroom is another technique to protect your mirror from moisture. After showering, open the bathroom window and door. It's not a bad idea to leave it open during the day if you can.
We hope these simple ways can help you keep your bathroom mirrors shinning. However, sometimes replacing them is the only solution. What if you are tight on budgets? BathTrends offers unique designs for bathrooms of all sizes. To save some money, check out the collection under Bathroom Mirrors for Sale.